5 Reasons for taking Jesus more seriously
Nowadays, the most number of us don’t believe in Christianity: some think of it as a fairy-tale, others hate it because of all the evils it has done throughout history, others just because they have grown up in the middle of New Atheism and New Ageism. Unfortunately, there is so much disinformation about Jesus that some people believe that forgetting about him is another step towards awakening.
The following list is about the biggest 5 reasons for taking Jesus more seriously:
- Jesus is an historical figure…it actually exsisted! In fact, we have a huge range of historical records about him. Many historians talked about Jesus, like Flavius Josephus, Tacitus, Svetonius, Paul (the Pauline epistles in the New Testament), Matthew (the 4 Gospels in the New Testament). They all claimed that:
Jesus was crucified by Roman authorities;
Jesus was buried in the thomb of Joseph of Amaranthia;
the thomb was discovered to be empty by Jesus’s followers;
many people saw Jesus alive after his death;
Jesus’s disciplines believed Jesus had been resuscitated by God.
- Many skeptical people, including Muslims and satanic-priests, have experienced the presence of Jesus in their life.
- Scientists, doctors, professors, children, atheists and an infinite number of various people have encountered with Jesus during near-death experiences.
- Jesus is not comparable to any mythological God figure, since they don’t have any historical value.
- There’s no need to believe the Bible is literal if you believe the historical existence of Jesus.
Jesus emphasised Love, trusting God/the Universe, the union with the Creator and the present-moment living…no dangerous or deviant principles!