5 Ways to overcome a personal trauma
Every person has got a different way to deal with pain. This is the reason why some people is able to get over former traumas easily, while others get into an infinite spiral of depression and anxiety.
There is a specific perspective from which we should look at pain and traumas: every event that occurs into our life brings a teaching…it’s up to us to figure it all out, learn and evolve from it.
Carl Jung said “There is no coming to consciousness without pain”.
Here are 5 steps to get over personal traumas:
- Embrace the pain you feel…don’t ignore it! Every feeling is there for a reason. Sadness is a regular normal feeling…there is nothing wrong with it! But there is something wrong with feeling guilty about being depressed.
- Go easy on yourself. Give yourself permission to take all the time you need.
- Don’t throw your passions out of the window, but add joy back into your life.
- Find forgiveness into yourself and let it go…don’t let former bad events to control your life! Make peace with it!
- Don’t identify with the victim and don’t focus on the pain you have been feeling. Don’t make your traumas your daily mantra, but tell yourself the story you would like to hear to feel better.
How we react to the pain is the key! So, let’s forgive, add joy and be gentle with ourselves!