Bye bye drugs: how to get rid of a headache?
We all have those days when we feel oppressed by a persistent headache. These headaches can be so bothersome that they make the most simple task ever feel tough.
Which are the most common causes of a headache? Stress, tension, restlessness, sinus problems, migraines and the lack of hydration and sleep. In some cases, drugs are necessary, but in many Others, alternative remedies can be beneficial.
12 Nautural remedies that will provide you with instant pain relief:
- Water: often headaches are simply caused by dehydration
- Ice or hot pack: if you have sinus problems, try to place an ice pack on your forehead; a hot pack will help you to relax tense muscles, if you suffer from a stress headache, instead
- Niacin (Vitamin B3): it is effective in the treatment of headaches and migraines. It should be taken in moderate quantities, because an excessive intake may result in ulcer and liver problems
- Almonds: they contain salicin, which is a pain reliever
- Ginger root: it inhibits the prostaglandin synthesis. Prostaglandins are chemical messengers that are usually synthetized by our cells to alert neuron to pain, when there is an inflammatory process. Some drugs, such as aspirin has this specific role.
- Peppermint: ita has calming and soothing properties
- Add pressure: a bit of pressure on your craniosacral system can help your brain to relax
- Sleep into darkness: light is one of the sensory stimuli that is proved to be painful when you suffer from migraines and headache
- Acupuncture: it has been proved to realign the flow of energy
- Meditation: it has been proved to reduce headache and improve pain tolerance
- Massage: rubbing your temples or getting a neck, back, head or shoulder massage has been found effective
- Stretching: it can help to relieve muscle tension.
Follow these remedies and you will be sure to get rid of a headache in no time!